* The next regularly scheduled meeting of the ACBA for 2019 will be held on April 11, 2019 beginning @ 7:00 PM...in support of early arrivals, there will be food as well as a Q&A session, if desired.
* Our topic for the meeting is Swarms and will be presented by Bob Cole, Master Beekeeper, author and longtime member of the ACBA.
* The meeting will be held at the Ashe County Agricultural Center Office (click to open a map, if needed), located at 134 Government Center Drive in Jefferson, NC.
Other important news for the meeting:
* We will be selling raffle tickets for a hive built by Randy Baldwin. He’s bringing a 7-frame hive to demonstrate but will build a 10-frame hive for the winner if preferred; the value of either will be $200. Tickets are $5 each, or 3/$10. The drawing for the hive will be held at the conclusion of the next regularly scheduled meeting.
*HS will have swarm catchers available for purchase, and pick up a free swarm lure and the recipe print out when you arrive.
* As in prior years, the ACBA is making a host of information available to both our members and others visiting our website of many important resources. Click here to open/read/print a document that can be utilized all year to make your own beekeeping efforts successful.
* Thanks in advance for your participation in ACBA and for helping to make sure it continues to assist local beekeepers and our bees, wherever possible.