* The next regularly scheduled meeting will be held on May 9, 2019 beginning @ 7:00 PM...in support of early arrivals, there will be food as well as a Q&A session, if desired.
* Lyn Soeder is our guest speaker; her topic is bee-friendly plants. To say she's multi-talented is an understatement! We’re excited to have her talk about bee-friendly plants, and not only will she be talking about them, she’ll also be selling some! Click on the below downloadable files: first attachment for flowers, shrubs and trees, the second for tomatoes. Tomato plants are $3/each; prices vary for the rest.IMPORTANT!!! If you’d like to order something from Lyn’s lists, you must contact HER (email@example.com) before noon on Thursday so she’ll know to bring your item(s) to the meeting.
* Meetings are always held on the 2nd Thursday of the month at the Ashe County Agricultural Center Office (click to open a map, if needed), located at 134 Government Center Drive in Jefferson, NC.
Other important news for the meeting:
* The drawing of the raffle for a hive built by Randy Baldwin, a 7-frame or 10-frame hive (winner's choice), will be held at the conclusion of the meeting.
*HS will have swarm catchers available for purchase, and pick up a free swarm lure and the recipe print out when you arrive.
* As in prior years, the ACBA is making a host of information available to both our members and others visiting our website of many important resources. Click here to open/read/print a document that can be utilized all year to make your own beekeeping efforts successful.
* Thanks in advance for your participation in ACBA and for helping to make sure it continues to assist local beekeepers and our bees, wherever possible.
* * * * *
Raffle tickets for the complete hive (built by Randy Baldwin) will be available thru the end of the meeting Thursday, at which time the drawing will be held! You do not need to be present to win; however, the winner will have a say in how a few parts of the hive are finished, and Randy will be on hand to discuss options. Ticket prices: $5/each, 3/$10. Many thanks to Doug Ehrhardt for once again providing us with beautiful raffle tickets!
* * * * *
If you haven’t already paid your dues, Liam will be taking those up.
ACBA membership: $10 - individual, $15 - family.
NCSBA (optional): $15/person. New dues and renewals can be made online.
* * * * *
Door prizes will be given away. If you’d like to donate something for a door prize, let Maggie know, or just bring it!
* * * * *
Our June meeting (13th) will be a cookout at Hidden Happiness Bee Farm! H.S. Greene will prepare hot dogs and hamburgers, and members will provide sides, condiments, desserts, etc. Please contact Maggie at firstname.lastname@example.org no later than June 10 to RSVP and to sign up for an item to bring (a reminder with more info and directions will be sent out. You can also find directions on the HHBF web site). If you haven’t been to H.S.’ bee farm store, this is a great opportunity! It’s beautifully done.