Eastern Apicultural Society of North America Master Beekeeper, Bob Cole passed away on February 6, 2020
Bob had been in Watauga hospital since January 12th and had been diagnosed with a brain tumor for which there was no help. He slept most of the time with some spells when he was alert and awake.
Information regarding a memorial service for Bob is provided in this link from his wife, Susan.
Please include Bob, Susan (and the bees!), and those caring for him in your thoughts and prayers.
Open the below, downloadable file to read a biographic review of Bob's remarkable professional life...
* Our own Marna Napoleon received an award from the Ashe Chamber of Commerce for Outstanding Customer Service! Marna works in the children’s department at the Ashe County Public Library and has helped me on more than one occasion.
* Congratulations, Marna!
* Greetings, and happy October!
* The featured speaker at the Thursday, October 10th meeting is Greg Fariss, NC Apiary Inspector for our area. Greg has spoken to our group several times, and while his presentation typically focuses on pests and diseases, he’s always been open to answer questions related to other matters.
* Hope to see you at the County Extension Office - meetings are held at the Ashe County Agricultural Center Office, located at 134 Government Center Drive, Jefferson, NC...meetings begin at 7 PM, but food (pizza and Maggie’s delicious treats) and good company are available at @ 6:30 PM :)
* Dues for 2020 will be taken Thursday, so if you’d like to get that out of the way, Liam will be happy to oblige. Dues remain the same: Individual - $10, Family - $15.
* Incredible as it seems, this will be our final regular meeting of the year!!! Our annual end-of-the-year potluck dinner will be held next month (November 14), so mark the date! More info will be provided over the next few weeks.
* It's still not to late to participate in the 3rd Annual Mite-a-Thon.
* Open the link for all the particulars and JOIN THE COUNT!
Kim Flottum | Bee Culture
* The resulting varroa mite information will be published as described here.
* See an article about an unfortunate traveler and the aftermath of his trying to bring honey via the BWI airport.
* Travelers beware!
* Doug is in need of a dehumidifier to dry out some uncapped frames of honey.
* Is there anyone in our ACBA that could loan one to Doug for a few days? Thanks!
* Contact Doug at 954-682-3848 (C) or 828-386-1398 (H) or send him a message, e-mail = firstname.lastname@example.org.