* The 2014-2015 Colony Loss and National Management Survey is being conducted now; beekeepers are encouraged to visit the site and enter your data.
* This survey is important to help determine the status and health of bees in our world.
* The last regular meeting of the ACBA in 2014 was held on November 13, 2014. Like last year, the final gathering of members and guests featured a wonderful pot-luck meal with dishes provided by the association, as well shared sides and desserts brought by members.
* Out-going President Harry Galer (right) welcomed everyone to the evening and shared information about the slate of officers to be voted on at the end of the evening's activities.
* Several items - hats, shirts and a 1-year subscription to Hive Tracks (Pro) donated by James Wilkes - were also raffled to members present.
Open the thumbnail photographs to the right to see a few of the wonderful desserts that were on display, and later eaten!
ACBA member George Katsoudas shows off one of the Ashe County Beekeepers Association's new hats with its beautifully embroidered association logo...only $18.00. get one while supplies last.
ACBA has several tables displaying information and products about the wonderful world of beekeeping at the Museum of Ashe County History's Autumn Leaf Festival. Come on out and help support our association.
ACBA Hats and T-shirts;
Hardwood cutting boards;
* The regular meeting of the ACBA held on October 9, 2014 featured a panel of ACBA members - Randy Baldwin, Joy Lewis and James Wilkes - sharing their experiences and information about preparing hives for overwintering.
* Click the below link to read the minutes from the meeting which contains their remarks.
Ashe County beekeepers are cautioned that the varroa mite infestation has started and everyone needsto be vigilant taking mite counts to see what kind of IPM is needed....and be deciding when to do it. Word from off the mountain form an experienced beekeeper is that they were plowing through many hives!!!
"An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure!"